Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Alf's Best of 2008


I ain't gonna lie - this year was rough. In real life AND in music. Luckily, a down year for music doesn't mean there wasn't anything good. It just means you have to dig a bit deeper to find the good stuff. And I did quite a bit of digging this year. Usually, when I compile my best-of list, I can think of eight CDs right off the bat. This time, I think I thought of only two. After that, it was going back through the collection and saying "Oh, right. THIS came out this year. Yeah, this one's good." Here's hoping for a better 2009.


M83 - Saturdays=Youth
Passion Pit - Chunk of Change
Sloan - Parallel Play
Monkey - Journey to the West
Black Kids - Partie Traumatic
Heloise & the Savoir Faire - Trash Rats & Microphones
InnerPartySystem - InnerPartySystem
Roe - Letters & Lights
Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes
We Are Scientists - Brain Thrust Mastery

No comments: