Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Day recommendations from Twist and Shout!


Alf
My sweetheart already has everything. All that's lacking is something to tote everything around in. Preferably something with pigs on it. Pigs making pancakes would be ideal.








Adam R.This Valentine's Day, all you need is love...and Philip Norman's acclaimed new biography of John Lennon. We all shine on.









Extra Kool
The best thing to give your loved one for Valentine's Day is a nice case of Chlamydia, or Gonorrhea... well, maybe not. But the cuddly stuffed toys made by Giant Microbes of chlamydia or gonorrhea are a sure win. What girlfriend doesn't want to tell her friends that she got an STD for Valentine's Day? Or at least a stuffed one...



Natasha
Not that I HAVE a sweetheart, but if I did- I would buy them music!!!You would have to love music to be MY sweetheart! I would give them one of my favorite local bands like Bela Karoli, Ian Cooke, Roger Green or Porlolo. What could say I love you more than an album filled with beautiful songs! Luckily Bela Karoli and Ian Cooke will be playing the Hi-Dive for Valentines Day, so maybe I will see all you music lahvahs there!



Ben S.
ROBYN HITCHCOCK - I WANNA GO BACKWARDS 8 LP set --
I knew my wife was the one for me, when she was able to sing the SYD BARRETT's unreleased masterpiece "Vegetable Man" from memory. Of course, she knew it from THE SOFT BOYS' version, but that's cool too. Her taste for quirky English guys is self evident.




Doug
For my Valentine's Day recommendation I would have to say, if you haven't already picked it up, the new Raphael Saadiq record, The Way I See It, is a good gift. It has songs that are fun, catchy, romantic, but not too syrupy sweet (yuck!). On CD, vinyl, and limited edition 45's of the entire album.







Pat
My sweetheart enjoys all things Pekkle. That's the adorable little Sanrio duck character. And when is a bad time to get a nice pen? You should always have a pen on hand.









Paulie
The perfect new Valentine's litmus test: If she don't dig Burroughs, run.

No comments: