Thursday, December 22, 2016

2016 Best ofs from friends of Twist & Shout Part 5


Luke Sinclair
Long Time Customer and Good Friend of the Shop


2016
I spent a lot of 2016 digging deeper into old Irish, jazz, and country albums, which at times led me to not notice the new music coming out. I kept up with my favorite bands & artists, but over the past couple of months, I realized everything else I missed over the year. And what a year it was, I'm still trying to catch up!


New Album Favorites (In No Particular Order)

The White Stripes - Complete Peel Sessions
Radiohead - Moon-Shaped Pool
Casey James Prestwood & the Burning Angels - Born Too Late
KT Tunstall - KIN
King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard - Nonagon Infinity
A Tribe Called Quest - We Got It From Here...Thank You 4 Your Service
Ty Segall - Emotional Mugger
Various Artists - George Fest
Autolux - Pussy's Dead
Charles Bradley - Changes
Night Moves - Pennied Days
Margo Price -  Midwestern Farmer's Daughter

Reissue Faves from 2016
The Beatles - Hollywood Bowl
Led Zeppelin - Complete BBC Sessions

Oasis - Be Here Now (especially Noel Gallagher's 2016 remix of "D'Ya Know What I Mean?" Holy Crap)



Chris Anderson
Sony Music, Sales Representative


Yes! I love these things.

1) Car Seat Headrest  “Teens Of Denial”
2) Preoccupations  “Preoccupations”
3) DIIV  “Is The Is Are”
4) Parquet Courts  “Human Performance”
5) Ty Segall  “Emotional Mugger”
6) Elza Soares  “A Mulher do Fim do Mundo”
7) Savages  “Adore Life”
8) A Tribe Called Quest  “We Got It From Here... Thank You 4 Your Service”
9) David Bowie  “Blackstar”
10) Swans  “The Glowing Man”



Darlene D'Agostino Beck
Director of Marketing. Z2 Entertainment


Iggy Pop, Josh Homme - Post Pop Depression
Sturgill Simpson - A Sailor's Guide to Earth
Black Mountain - IV
Ray LaMontagne - Ouroboros
Angel Olsen - My Woman
Esme Patterson - We Were Wild
Carseat Headrest - Teens of Denial
Flume - Skin
BADBADNOTGOOD - IV
Blood Orange - Freetown Sound
St. Paul & The Broken Bones - Sea of Noise
Childish Gambino - Awaken, My Love!
Devendra Banhart - Ape in Pink Marble

No comments: